Friday, April 23, 2010

April Photo Share

Joanne2:Web

I've had some wonderful opportunities this spring to take portrait shots of Ashland folk whom I both admire within and without. It's always such an honor to spend time with someone in front of the lens.

As the season begins to change and with it, the light, hue and tone of the air, the photographer in me is being awakened each morning wondering "What can I see today? What can I learn to do with this amazing tool known as "camera?" It's a pretty cool feeling.

Throughout the day, I "see" shots everywhere. They whisper to me from unique places...the purple blossoms caught in the cracks of a sidewalk, the tightly closed tulip just before dawn, the silhouettes of children running across an open field in twilight. Each image tells a story, carries a hint of memory mixed with potential, and each reminds me to slow down - breathe - be grateful. Sure, I might try to remember each one with my mind's eye alone, but the photograph tenderly embraces the moment and offers a gift of return.

If you're interested in seeing these photos in their fuller format, please visit my website. Have a fantastic weekend! May it be filled with a array of interesting and provoking feasts for your eyes and heart. ~ mlp

 AJ2:Web

1 comment:

  1. Aaaaah once again, on a sundrenched Saturday morning..there you are bringing us Bliss.. Bliss..Bliss..so grateful to have your inspiration in my life! estelle

    ReplyDelete