Sunday, June 6, 2010

i carry your heart with me


Fifteen years on June 6th, one of the most remarkable human beings I have ever been blessed to know - came into my life. She arrived with beauty, grace, steadfast intention, a will to be completely present and love that radiates. This collage of photos and the words of cummings, are for Sarah Grace - then and now. Happy birthday, wondrous one!

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)
 
i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;
 
and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)

 
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)
 
i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
 
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
 
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
 
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
 
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
 
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart 
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

e.e.cummings

4 comments:

  1. This is just stunning...the photos and their arrangement with such beautiful words. Martha, as Sarah is a gift to you, you are such a gift to her...

    Blessing on you both on this day of celebration, 15 times 'round the sun Gracie!

    I too carry your heart,

    I love you-Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful. Happy birthday, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, Happy Day to you beautiful girls.
    I am SO lucky I get to see you Soon!!!!
    xoxo,
    Annette

    ReplyDelete