Monday, May 17, 2010

Damn Issues

Dear friends,
A good Monday morning to you. I was all set to dive into a more creative topic than this, but something up into my in box this morning that changed my topic course.

Apparently, Google blogger (the blog site I use) is having issues with comment postings. (See image below to fully appreciate how I am feeling about this problem!)

How it typically works is someone responds to a blog post, their comment comes to me via email for me to “moderate” the comment (decide whether or not I want to make it public) and then I just click “okay, “ and your comment gets posted under the blog it was in response to.

Your comments and feedback mean a great deal to me. This blog is a labor of love, and I appreciate even knowing that there is even someone out there reading it - much less actually participating in the “conversation” about how I may have sparked a thought or feeling in them.

I’ve yet to delete or reject someone’s comment.

Thank goodness, my dear friend Kris dropped me an email through a different route this morning asking me if her comment has offended me in some way.

Comment....I thought....what comment? Which lead me to discover that the system is flawed, broken or just down - hopefully temporarily, but in the meanwhile, twelve - yup 12 comments have vanished. I’m super bummed. I never got to see them. I was never notified, and worst of all - some of you may think I didn’t want to hear what you had to say. (Once again, please refer to the image below for full effect!)

I really want to hear from you.

Please email me your comments. If you’d like me to keep them private, let me know. Otherwise, I’ll manually add them to the post which they are in response to.

Honestly. Some days I doubt that a single person is reading this, so to know that 12 people chimed in feels very heartening.

Here’s my email: mlp@marthaphelps.com

Looking forward.
Martha

PS If anyone out there feels like experimenting (Jimmy??), please post a comment to this morning's post AND email a copy of your comment to me. That way, I can find out whether or not Blogger has resolved their issue. Damn issues. They have a way of being a real drag on occasion......

4 comments:

  1. Well! I am bummed if you haven't been seeing my comments! (And I love this picture of Ginny!)
    To sum up the spirit of any number of my lost comments: I love your blog. I read it every day. You inspire the writer and poet in me. Much appreciation for YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful site and I hope you work out this "bug"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, that sucks! what a perfect photo for this. What a look! I've seen this look on Anna too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog has become a 'must read' for me, Martha. I'm sorry to hear about the commenting hassles.

    ReplyDelete