Monday, May 3, 2010

Evolution of a Tulip

As fate would have it, the deer that cruise our neighborhood have made a trail along the south side of the street. Turns out, tulips are one of their favorite springtime morsels and even though the north side of the street had hundreds of them throughout the month of April, the deer didn't diverge from their trail....even down to the very last blossom in my front yard. I sighed. I swore. I muttered and wailed. And before the summer's end, I will fully surrender - dig up the bulbs - and plant them safely in the back yard where our beloved pup can watch over future blooms. Meanwhile, sensing the inevitable a couple weeks ago, I started photographing the last standing tulip. Here's what I came up with - for as long as it was there. To see these photos in a larger - full screen format, simply double click the desired image. Enjoy.

(Please remember: Photographic images, art and writing on this blog, unless otherwise credited or noted, are © Martha Lee Phelps. Please do not cut, paste, or copy what is being shared, be it for personal or professional use, large (screensaver) or small (facebook profile picture) without my permission. Full resolution, signed reproductions are available for purchase. Please drop me an email if you'd like to order any image that has appeared in my blog or my website's portfolio. Thank you for your support. ~ mlp)

1 comment: